by Aleya Bamdad
Having a head full of healthy, strong natural hair is a blessing. However, if you don’t take proper care of your tresses and get enough of the right vitamins, your hair will tell on you— quick! Here is a list of vitamins for growing healthy hair you should take daily to make sure that your curls remain beautiful.
One of the most important vitamins for health hair is vitamin A. Out of all of the vitamins on this list, it does the most amount of work.
Although you can take it in by eating foods such as cantaloupe, dark leafy green veggies and meat, you will rarely get the recommended daily allowance on your own, so it’s better to take it as a pill. Here’s why:
1. It contains antioxidants that work to condition and moisturize the sebum in the scalp.
2. It will fight the free radicals such as pollution that weight down your hair and make it weaker. As a result, your hair will feel lighter and have better body.
3. It will strengthen and thicken your curls so that they will grow longer faster and break much less often.
*If you decide to take a vitamin A supplement, look for it in the form of Beta-Carotene and be mindful that taking more than the recommended dietary allowance can be toxic. As always, consult your doctor before starting any vitamin regimen.*
1. A reduction in hair loss so that there’s more hair on your head and left in your comb.
2. Less gray hair as vitamin B slows down the graying process.
3. Longer hair due to more rapid hair growth.
4. Shine, shine, shine!
Renowned for its abilities to soften the skin, vitamin E is and essential vitamin for healthy hair since it helps with blood circulation and leads to a healthier scalp. When you have a healthy scalp you’ll, notice that:
1. Your curls will be softer and nourished so that you’ll get less frizz and more curls.
2. You'll get fewer split ends so that your hair will be healthier looking.
Foods that contain vitamin E include nuts, spinach and tomatoes.
If you’re taking vitamin B complex then you’re getting a dose of folic acid and don’t have to worry about purchasing another vitamin. A few reasons that folic acid is important for curly haired girls is that it works to:
1. Prevent grays.
2. Make your hair thicker.
3. Make your hair shinier.
4. Add moisture to your hair so that you'll have less breakage.
Another bonus to folic acid is that it can be found in whole grain breads and cereals so you can eat carbs without the guilt.
Are you mindful of keeping a healthy, balanced diet?
Do you take any supplements for healthy hair growth?