3 Newly Created Must-Have Tools for Type 4 Hair;

by 

It’s 2015 and with the new year, comes new tools! Take a peek at a few new inventions that are here to add some ease to your natural hair care regime. As a bonus…they’re all under $20!
Luxe Therapy Scalp Soother
luxe-therapy-scalp-soother natural hair
I carry the Scalp Soother literally EVERYWHERE I GO. It’s always in my purse. It truly speaks to soul of my scalp. I am a fan of a good scalp massage and the Scalp Soother does not disappoint. I was first introduced to the tool while attending a taping of The Real talk show with my BFF. One of the hosts, Loni Love informed the audience that the tool was created to get to those hard to reach spots under the braids of weaves. However, once they gave us our exit gift bags after a long 3 hours of taping, I went to town on my scalp! It’s awesome because I can effectively massage my scalp without messing up all of the hard work I put into a braid out. Also does wonders if you’re about that crochet braid life this winter, like me!
Michele Mercier Detangling Brush

I am an avid user of the Michele Mercier Detangling Brush. I purchased it at Bed Bath & Beyond after my best friend chastised me horribly for even considering buying a knock-off Tangle Teezer brush at TJ Maxx. Coupled with my Shea Moisture Manuka Honey & Mafura Oil Intensive Hydration Hair Masque, detangling and deep conditioning is a breeze! This detangling brush doesn’t split my hair like the Tangle Teezer has reportedly done to many naturals; but rather effortlessly glides through my strands, eliminating tangles. Yes, you can use it on dry or wet hair; but as my hair is doubly thick…a whole heap of conditioner is necessary. It’s also worth mentioning that this particular tool comes in three forms based on hair volume- thick, normal and fine. If you’re a thick Type 4 like me, grab the Michele Mercier Detangling Brush for thick hair, you won’t regret it.
The Scalp Massaging Shampoo Brush 
Since going natural and becoming the only one who ever touches my hair (besides a few stylists and completely out of line strangers at bars), I still have not mastered the effortless wash I receive with a salon visit. This particular tool appears to be the best of both worlds. A vibrating shampoo brush? Yes and Yes! I’ve longed for the days where I could afford an old fashioned shampoo bowl scalp massage. (Alas, I’ve got bills, bills, bills) Shampoo brushes are officially the wave and at $20, they’re a lot less expensive than a trip to any salon.
 Have you tried any of the above tools? Do you think you’ll give them a shot?

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Powered by Blogger.
Javascript DisablePlease Enable Javascript To See All Widget