5 Tips on how to regrow the edges of your hair (edges gone wild!)

by africanaturalistas

Do you know that I can easily tell the health of your hair, just by looking at your edges? Many of my friends are relaxed, and I can tell someone who has been abusing their hair with relaxers or extensions by observing their edges. Many people think their hair is at its optimum state because it seems healthy, but many times I beg to differ because their edges are 'just okay'. I use this term because it is obvious that their edges is not as full as God actually created them to be.

Some people have very delicate edges, and they have to be careful. As for me, I have one of the fullest but most delicate edges ever, as I always mention on this blog. Any slight mishandling, my edges are gone. This is also due to the fact that the hair around my edges is baby hair, and can't stand stress. But the upside to mine is that my edges are very forgiving. After some mishandling and loss of edges, it’s always quick to grow back, and fast at that. The thing is many people's edges are not as forgiving, so ease on those tight extensions, and have mercy on your edges.

And please, before you blame your lack of hair around your edges on genes, please, check your baby and childhood pictures. If you had healthy edges then, it means genes are not your problem, but lack of proper hair care. But if you are like 60 years old, maybe we can pardon you. Even then, if the old women in this post have great edges, what is your excuse?

These are different views of my edges in the pic below, with the back of my hair wrapped, and the front pinned inside. The pictures on the left were the ones taken four days after I took down my beautiful threading. I tried as much as possible to be careful that it did not have negative effects on my edges. Read the post to find out how. The pictures on the right was taken two weeks after, with the same style which I left on (You will get to know the story of how I ended up with this style later).


Right view
Front view. See the big difference in the front?
Left view. The difference is clearest here.
You can see the edges threatening to grow up to my eyes after just 2 weeks. Lol
Can you see the difference in the edges? Even though the edges were initially already very full, my edges still found a way to grown even more.

I am starting a new hair project, which I will assess at the end of three years. This project includes me being have very gracious to my edges as it has been gracious to me.

So these are some quick tips on how to maintain and regrow your edges if they are already receding.

1. Don't use extensions and weaves every waking moment you have. Let your hair breathe. Give your hair a break!

2. If you use extensions, don't pick the hair on your edges tiny, neither should it be tight. If the hair stylist doesn't listen to you, stand up and walk away. If you don't, then your hair will walk away from your edges. Which would you prefer?

3. If you have lost a lot of hair on your edges, try not to use extension at all for the next 6 months, then mix castor oil and coconut oil, and regularly massage the area you are trying to regrow. We sell both oils
4. In addition to number 3, you can get the African Naturalistas Lavie life butter cream, which we manufacture especially for this problem. Many people have testified to its wonders, trust me.

5. Ease on caps, hats, elastic headgears and turbans that rub harshly around your edges. If you must use this regularly, consider putting on a plastic cap first, before putting it on.

I believe with these few tips, you will recover your edges, and have farmland edges like mine, lol. One more thing, before you wish for edges like mine, understand that my edges can never sleep nor be controlled with any gel or edge control cream in this world cos they are too full and frizzy (take a look at the side view of the third pic). It means you won't be able to really achieve some hairstyles, such as the third one in this post.

So are you still sure you want farmland edges like mine? To me, what matters most it that your edges are healthy and well taken care of.


Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Powered by Blogger.
Javascript DisablePlease Enable Javascript To See All Widget