by Alicia James of MsAliciaJames.com
So, I have decided to get back on my hard workout regimen. I've always been someone who works out, but now I am getting back to being disciplined increasing the workouts and staying consistent. I am currently working out six days out of the week.
I have found that this makes it difficult to do any major styling to my natural hair. I don’t see any point in blow drying, straightening, stretching. I have found myself doing nothing but a wash and go. I started conditioner washing daily, but I found that my hair was taking forever to dry as always. My hair would be wet during the day, wet at night, and still wet in the morning. I started to feel like my hair was never dry. The fear that my hair would start to mold really freaked me out. One day, I was getting ready to head out to my son’s football practice. I had been working out earlier that day and was styling my wash and go. I love going out to his practices, because my hair dries faster when I am on the go. I was just happy to know I wouldn't be going to bed with a wet head that night. I noticed that my hair was kind of flat, and I didn't really like it. I wanted more volume. I didn't want to blow dry, and I couldn't run my fingers through my hair, because it was still soaking wet and would frizz up like crazy. For some strange reason I got the idea to try not adding a styling product to my hair. I know that sounds really crazy for 4 type hair, but after his practice I literally sat up in bed for over an hour daydreaming about it. LOL! I am not joking. So, that morning… I woke up went to the gym, and skipped into the bathroom. Oh yaaaay! I was excited. Guess what ladies?! It was NIIIIIIIIIIICE! The funny thing is not only did it add volume, my hair was dry in like 3-4 hours. What? That never happens for my hair. If someone would have told me this a long time ago, I would have threw out my gel, leave in, and magic potions a long time ago. LOL! I am not saying this will work for everyone, but if you are curious give it a little try. I do this routine daily.
My Fast Drying Wash & Go
- I conditioner wash my hair using Suave Naturals
- I finger detangle my hair in the shower while soaking wet with a generous amount of the conditioner
- I rinse all of the conditioner out once the hair is fully detangled
- I add extra virgin olive oil to my hair, not too heavy. Make sure you get oil on all of the hair. I like to flip my head upside down.
- I wrap my hair with an old t shirt so that the hair is not dripping all over the place. It also helps to dry the hair a little faster.
- I leave the t shirt on for at least 15 minutes while I am getting ready, and then I take it off so that the hair continues to air dry.
Good luck if you try it out!
This works! Some of my BEST hair days have been achieved with less (or no) product. If you find the right oil or serum for your hair, you will be astonished at the results. Share your results below!!!!!